The Lebanon Valley rail-trail will provide a much-needed, close-to-home
recreational resource suitable for a wide variety of uses which appeal
to a broad cross-section of our community. The trail will be used
by all age groups and abilities.
• The trail is located in close proximity to the following points
of interest: Lebanon and Cedar Crest High Schools, the Lebanon Expo
Center and Fairgrounds, Cornwall Furnace, Governor Dick Recreation
Area, and the State Game Lands.
• A part of Lebanon County's industrial heritage will be
preserved through railroad historical interpretation.
• The trail represents a greenway through a rapidly developing
section of the county.
• The trail will provide wildlife habitat for small animals
• The trail has the potential to link with other projects such
as the Union Canal Greenway and Swatara State Park.