The Lebanon Valley Rail-Trail is located in close proximity to Lebanon and Cedar Crest High Schools, the Lebanon Expo Center and Fairgrounds, Cornwall Furnace, Governor Dick Recreation Area, Union Canal Tunnel Park, and Pennsylvania State Game Lands.
A private nonprofit organization of volunteers working together to provide and enhance the Lebanon community by converting and maintaining abandoned railroad corridors into public recreation trails.
We will accomplish this mission by:
- Managing trail development through state and local grants.
- Maintaining existing trail system using volunteers.
- Fundraising to support maintenance and to provide local matching dollars for the grants.
- Publicizing the trail
To operate and maintain LVRT as one of Pennsylvania’s premier rail-trail, connecting the Conewago Trail to Swatara State Park in supporting non-motorized mobility and recreation while being an integral part of PA’s Regionally significant trail system.
Lebanon Valley Rails-to-Trails plans for the next 5-10 years include:
- Completing the North-South line from Conewego Trail to Swatara State Park.
- Developing additional connectors to the spline in support of the regionally significant trail system.
- Transitioning from trail development to maintenance organization.
- Enhancing user amentities: Parking, Trail Markers, etc…